FAQs - Companies
- When will the students be available?
Ans. Students will be available for project from 0900-1700 hrs. daily (Monday-Friday) with classes to be held on Saturdays only.
- Do we have to accommodate students in our offices?
Ans. Not necessarily. Some companies require students to attend office 5 days while others require once a week arrangement.
- Do we need to pay students any remuneration for ELP?
Ans. Depends entirely on the company. Primary objective is to give students industry experience; monetary benefits are secondary.
- What is the Grading Criteria for ELP?
Ans. 80% of the grading is done by the faculty and 20% by the company.
- Can we include a "non-disclosure" clause in the agreement?
Ans. Yes. A non-disclosure agreement can certainly be signed and added in the TORs before the commencement of the project.
- Does the company need to pay the conveyance/Transport cost of students?
Ans. If the company wishes to do so, it can. However, there is no obligation from IBA to do so.
- Can the students work from outside office/home?
Ans. Yes. Depending on the project and mutual consent of company client, faculty advisor and students, project work can be done from outside office settings.
- Can the company assign more than one supervisor from company's end to a student group?
Ans. Yes, depending on the nature and scope of the project, the company may assign more than one supervisor.
- Do we need to agree on the Terms of References (TORs) before the commencement of the project?
Ans. Yes, the Terms of References (TORs) need to be agreed upon between the students and the company before the start of project.
- Does the company supervisor need to keep track of student's attendance?
Ans. Yes, the company supervisor needs to keep track of the visits of students in order to ensure timely completion of the project.