FAQs - Students
- What is ELP?
Ans. ELP is a program under which students in the form of groups will conduct primary and field research, analyze the issue that warrants investigation and find cost effective implementable solutions for partner organizations. The aim of this program does not only entail the acquisition of industry knowledge but also embodies an effort to introduce our students to prospective organizations and increase their chances of employability in these companies.
- Is it mandatory for final year students?
Ans. Yes, ELP is mandatory for all BBA and BBA Entrepreneurship Final year students.
- Is ELP still mandatory if I have already completed my corporate internship?
Ans. Yes, ELP is a separate program which is a mandatory requirement for all Final semester students who have earlier completed their corporate internships as well.
- How long is the ELP?
Ans. ELP will be spread over the semester. In some cases, the project might finish earlier or later than the stipulated time period.
- How many students can be part of a group?
Ans. 5-6 students can be a part of a group.
- How do I register for the ELP?
Please follow the registration steps mentioned in the Student Section.
- How do I choose my Faculty advisor and Project?
Ans. Once the ELP projects are assigned to faculty advisors, students are required to contact them on an immediate basis to have details about the allocated projects. Details of faculty advisors and the projects are uploaded on the ELP website soon after they are distributed among faculty members. Refer to the timeline, and keep checking your inbox and ELP website on a regular basis for further updates. Fill out the 'ELP Registration & Enrollment Form' and send it to the ELP coordinator, Mr. Danish Imtiaz at email@example.com mentioning "ELP Registration Form" in the subject line as soon as you finalize your project and faculty advisor.
- Can I choose a project based on my interests/majors?
Yes, students can discuss their interest/major with their faculty advisors and take projects based to their skills and expertise; subject to the availability of the project.
- Can I change a project once it is assigned to my group?
Ans. No, Students are not allowed to change their projects once they have been assigned to them by the faculty advisors.
- Can I take additional courses along with the ELP?
Ans. Final semester students can only take 2 courses along with the ELP.
- What days will I need to allocate for ELP?
Ans. Project days are from Monday-Friday; which means you can take courses on Saturdays only.
- Will I be allowed to attend the recruitment drives and activities on weekdays?
Ans. You have to abide by company's rules and regulations and inform them beforehand of your absence in case of recruitment drives.
- Do I need to go to the client premises every day during the ELP?
Ans. The nature of work and visits to the client company vary from project to project and depend completely on the requirements of the client company.
- Will be there any remuneration for the work I do?
Ans. There is no mandatory requirement from IBA for companies to pay remuneration; however, students can discuss this aspect with the company at the start of the project.
- Will the cost of traveling be covered by IBA or the company?
Ans. IBA will not cover any traveling or other related costs, and there is no requirement for the companies to do the same; however, the students can discuss this aspect with the company at the beginning of the project.
- How many exams or review will be part of the project?
Ans. There will be a midterm evaluation and a final evaluation.
- What is the grading criteria for ELP?
Ans. Grade is assigned on the following percentage basis: 80% by the Faculty Advisor, 20% by the organization.
- Can I bring a project through my own contacts?
Ans. Yes, students have the option of bringing their own project through their contacts, however formal approval from the ELP Coordinator/ELP Program Director is required before project can be commenced.
- Is there any attendance policy for the ELP?
Ans. Yes, there is an attendance policy for students to complete 140 hours of coursework for the duration of the project.
- How will I maintain my attendance?
Ans. Students in a group must prepare a weekly attendance log sheet which needs to be signed by the company representative and the faculty advisor. The log sheet should be submitted to the faculty advisor, every week, who will keep a track of your attendance.
- Is ELP also mandatory for BBA Entrepreneurship students who have already done a Business startup Project as part of BBA Entrepreneurship Program?
Ans. BBA Entrepreneurship students in their final semester can do one of the following:
Option A: Take ELP course
Option B: Shadow an Entrepreneur
Option C: Start their own venture
- Can BBA Entrepreneurship students continue their previous Project?
Ans. BBA Entrepreneurship students can continue with their Entrepreneurship projects, subject to approval from the management and the program director.
- Can I do a project in my hometown outside of Karachi?
Ans. Yes, students can complete their projects in any city where the company office is located. However, students need to keep faculty advisor in loop and update them on regular basis.
- Can I do an International Project outside of Pakistan?
Ans. Yes, students can do an international project in any country outside Pakistan where the company office is located. However, students need to keep faculty advisor in loop and update them on regular basis.