FAQs - Faculty
1. How can I choose a project?
Ans. List of available projects is generally shared with the faculty advisors who provide their consent to be a part of the ELP. Faculty can then select projects depending as per their areas of expertise through an online bidding system. However, final decision of project allocation lies with the ELP Steering Committee.
2. How will students choose their Faculty Advisors and Projects?
Ans. Once the ELP projects are assigned to faculty advisors, students contact them on an immediate basis to have details about the allocated projects. Details of faculty advisors and the projects are generally uploaded on the ELP website soon after they are distributed among faculty members. Students are required to meet or coordinate with you to opt for a particular project. You have all the right to select a student group of your choice after meeting all the groups.
3. Do we need to visit the company's premises during ELP?
Ans. Yes, at least three visits are required during the entire term i.e., before the commencement for formulating the TOR, midway along the project for a review, and for final presentation and grading.
4. How will students' attendance be ensured?
Ans. Students in a group will prepare a weekly attendance log sheet which will be signed by the company representative and the faculty advisor. The log sheet will be submitted to you, every week.
5. How will we keep track of the Project status?
Ans. The ELP faculty advisors will use the monthly report format provided to keep track of their groups.
6. What is the Grading Criteria for ELP?
Ans. A standard grading format/criteria will be shared with the faculty advisors. Grading weightage is distributed as follows:
- 50% of the grade lies with the faculty
- 30% with the Company/Client
- 20% with the ELP Office
7. What are the milestones in the ELP Course?
Ans. There are three milestones: Formation of Terms of Reference (TOR), Mid-Review Presentation and Final Review Presentation and report.
8. Can we revise the TORs after they have been finalized?
Ans. TORs can be reviewed and revised even after their finalization if there is a substantial increase in the output of the project. Faculty needs to make a judgment call in this regard.
9. How is the faculty paid for participating in ELP?
Payment method for faculty:
- At least 1 ELP for SBS faculty
- Maximum project limit: 4
10. Does IBA require documentation from student groups?
Ans. Yes, students are required to submit their TORs, mid-review presentations/reports, and final reports and presentations to the ELP office via LMS after the endorsement of their faculty advisor and company supervisor.