FAQs - Students
1. What is ELP?ELP is a management consulting intervention under which students in the form of groups (3-4 students per group), conducts primary and field research, analyze the issue that warrants investigation and find cost effective implementable solutions for partner organizations. The aim of this program does not only entail the acquisition of industry knowledge, but also embodies an effort to help our students integrate their functional learning in an integrated holistic manner and apply them to resolve the problems faced by corporate clients.
2. What is the eligibility to enroll for the ELP?Following are the eligibility criteria for the enrollment in the ELP:
- Student should belong to a BBA and BS-ACF programs only
- Student should be in his/her final semester with no more than 4-5 courses left apart from the ELP
- Both the social and corporate internship documents are submitted with the CDC (Check your record in the ERP/unofficial transcript)
3. What is the total duration the ELP?ELP projects are spread over a semester. In some cases, the project might finish earlier or later than the stipulated time.
4. How many students can be part of a group?3 to 4 students can team up to carry out their ELPs
5. How do I register for the ELP?Please follow the registration process mentioned on the home page under Student section.
6. How do I choose my faculty advisor and project?Once the ELP projects are assigned to faculty advisors, students are required to contact them on an immediate basis to have details about the allocated projects. Details of faculty advisors and the projects are generally uploaded on the ELP website soon after they are distributed among faculty members. Keep checking your inbox and ELP website on a regular basis for further updates.
7. Can students bring a project through their own contacts? How can they do it?Yes, students have the option of bringing project(s) through their own warm contacts. Students are required to connect point(s) of contact at the company with the ELP coordinators/CDC office so that they can be briefed about the ELP modalities and procedure to submit their project(s).
8. Can we bring more than one project or projects from multiple organizations?Yes, you are encouraged to connect us with your POCs at multiple organizations. However, all projects undergo a thorough screening process by the ELP Steering Committee.
9. Can we select the faculty advisors ourselves for our project?No, allocation of project is carried out by the CDC/ELP office.
10. Can I choose a project based on my interests/majors?Yes, students can discuss their interests/majors with their faculty advisors and take projects based on their skills and expertise, subject to the availability of the project.
11. Can we form a group with a combination of BBA and BS-ACF students or BBA students with different majors?Yes, you are allowed even encouraged to form a diversified group for collaborative learning.
12. Can I change a project once it is assigned to my group? No, students are not allowed to change their projects once they have been assigned to them by the faculty advisors.
13. Can I take additional courses along with the ELP?Students are only allowed to take 4 to 5 courses along with the ELP preferably in evenings or on weekends.
15. Which days will I need to allocate for ELP? Project days are from Monday-Friday, which means you can take courses either in evenings or on weekends. You need to remain available to companies for at least 15-20 hours per week. Some companies require students to attend office 5 days a week while others require once a week/fortnightly arrangement – It is company's sole discretion.
16. Will I be allowed to attend the recruitment drives and activities on weekdays? You have to abide by company's rules and regulations and inform them beforehand of your absence in case of recruitment drives. Companies have all the right to refuse your request of absence and failure to compliance may affect your overall grading & evaluation.
17. Do I need to go to the client premises every day during the ELP?The nature of work and visits to the client company vary from project to project and depend completely on the requirements of the client organization.
18. Will there be any remuneration for the work I do?There is no mandatory requirement of the IBA for companies to pay remuneration; however, students can discuss this aspect with the company at the start of the project while developing the TOR.
19. Will the cost of traveling be covered by IBA or the company?IBA will not cover any traveling or other related costs, and there is no requirement for the companies to do the same. However, the students can discuss this aspect with the company at the beginning of the project.
20. How many evaluations or reviews will be part of the project?There will be a midterm evaluation and a final evaluation.
21. What are the grading criteria for ELP?A standard grading format/criteria will be shared with the faculty advisors. Grading weightage is distributed as follows:
- 50% of the grade lies with the faculty
- 30% with the Company/Client
- 20% with the ELP Office
22. Does IBA require documentation from student groups?Yes, students are required to submit their TORs, mid-review presentations/reports, and final reports and presentations to the ELP office via LMS after the endorsement of their faculty advisors and company supervisors.